CallShaper is known for their Customer Service, and what better way to celebrate Customer Service Week than to reveal our top tips to show your agents appreciation!
Did you know that Customer Service Week is celebrated all over the world? The main purpose of the week is to highlight the importance of customer service and more importantly, the people who serve and support customers all day, every day. Customer Service Week has been a nationally recognized event since 1992, when the U.S. Congress proclaimed Customer Service Week celebrated annually during the first full week in October.
The five core goals of Customer Service Week are:
- Boost morale, motivation, and teamwork.
- Reward frontline reps for the important work they do all year long.
- Raise companywide awareness of the importance of customer service.
- Thank other departments for their support.
- Remind customers of your commitment to customer satisfaction.
Who doesn’t want to feel appreciated and empowered to take care of the customer? Here are our top tips that are easy ways to quickly show how much your team means to you!
- Have a theme for the week. We suggest “Heart of the Operations” because we know your call center agents provide such a vital role in the company. For the week have everything heart/red related, even host a day where everyone wears red.
- Another great idea to last throughout the week is to have your agents give shout outs to their colleagues! Whether it’s through e-mail, hand written notes or word of mouth, hold on to these positive points for a special surprise at the end of the week for your agents.
- Monday have a kickoff! Have the leadership of the company talk about Customer Service Week and what they mean to the organization.
- Each morning, give out candy with an inspiring customer service quote. Go the extra mile and hand out your agent’s their favorite candy. Some of our favorite quotes are “Customer Service is an attitude, not a department.” Or “The goal as a company is to have customer service that is not just the best but legendary.” Or “If you work just for money, you’ll never make it, but if you love what you’re doing and you always put the customer first, success will be yours.”
- Host a “lunch and learn” one day. What are some topics that your agents may benefit from? It can be productive as learning options for their 401(k) investments, to the other side of the spectrum by teaching them a secret skill about yourself, like the best way to bake cookies from scratch. Not all learning has to be serious!
- We all know Customer Service can be stressful. We suggest having a contest one day and give the winner a massage at a nearby spa.
- Since we believe that team meals are important, our final Customer Service week Agent Appreciation tip is to have an old-school pizza party for the team! Great opportunity to hand out Award Certificates to recognize something positive each of your reps have done from the shout-outs throughout the week!
How are you planning on celebrating Customer Service week and showing your agents appreciation? If you liked this article, please share with someone who may find it helpful!